This is an EPIC recipe!!
Why is this recipe so perfect for diabetics? Because it is high carb and low fat.
When there is too much fat in the foods we eat it causes insulin resistance.
Therefore, we have to take more and more insulin for higher fat foods.
If this "quesadilla" really had cheese in it, as normal quesadillas do, along with the sweet potato and tortilla, then we would need A LOT OF INSULIN to cover this meal.
But, since we are keeping this recipe very low fat, therefore we are NOT creating insulin resistance.
Instead we are doing just the opposite... we are creating insulin sensitivity by consuming this meal.
2 Ezekiel Tortillas
1 Sweet Potato and 2 Small Golden Potatoes
1. Bowl potatoes until soft
2. Lightly steam zucchini
3. Mash potatoes and zucchini together and season according to taste (sea salt, pepper, herbs, and tamari sauce)
4. In a pan, sautee mushrooms, garlic and tamari for about 5 mintues. Remove from pan
5. Heat a non-stick frying pan (using NO oil) and add 1 tortilla. Top with potato and zucchini mash, sauteed mushrooms and garlic and place the second tortilla on top.
6. Allow to fry on each side for about 5 mintues or until lightly crunchy. Flip and repeat.
7. Serve with 1/2 avocado and organic, quality hot sauce